We’re back with the live Karaokes in Bastardo!
Yes, you have read well, we want you to come and dare to sing out loud the songs that will be played by different groups that will come to make us enjoy in our hall. Since January 19 we have organized several karaokes for you. In each session we will bring a new group with which to enjoy the music and good vibes in the purest bastard style. In addition, all the karaokes that we are going to celebrate in our hostel are free, so you won’t have any excuse.
Whether you are passing through our hostel or not, you are more than invited to these meetings to sing versions of songs in Spanish and English that we all know. While you can have a vermouth or a cold beer to get rid of the shyness and sing the louder the better. And relax, if you don’t know the songs nothing happens, because we’ll put the lyrics on our drop-down screen so you don’t get in trouble and you can sing with the group you play.
Saturday, 19.01 Espíritus del Sol
Next January 19 we will present in our most bastard hall the group Espíritus del Sol, composed by the Argentine guitarist Ricci Moon and the Cordoban Coco Canalais. Together we will enjoy the connection that this duo of artists transmits and we will have a meeting around the music so that the routine of the month of January becomes less routine in Bastardo.
Espíritus del Sol was born in January 2017, founded by Ricci Moon, guitarist and singer born in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Coco Canalais, percussionist born in Córdoba, Argentina. The two Argentine musicians met in Madrid and created a strong bond thanks to their great passion for music and rock groups of the 60’s and 70’s. This link gave rise to this project that began as a street group, with Ricci on acoustic guitar, vocals and harmonica; and Coco on the cajón and choirs.
The band makes its first appearances in the underground and in the streets of Madrid, choosing the Puerta del Sol as their favourite venue, to later perform in venues such as Héroe Café, El Perro de la Parte de Atrás del Coche, La Tabacalera or La Fontana de Oro (where they currently play every month). They also begin to appear in restaurants such as Canciechu or Giulietta where they also usually play every month. In June 2017, in addition, they are invited to play in the program “La Corrala” of Radio M21, making their first appearance on the radio. The band has a single album, called “Espíritus del Sol”, released in September 2018, which gathers 8 songs.
With a repertoire that transcends in time, from the 50’s to the present, and playing a wide variety of styles, such as Blues, Rock n Roll, Folk, Reggae, Brit-pop, and more; Espíritus del Sol pays tribute to artists such as Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Dire Straits, Oasis, and many more. One of the main things that characterize this duet is the great connection they have with their audience, they know how to transmit the joy and good vibes that they themselves have. This quality is highly valued by their audience so whoever has seen them perform once do not hesitate to repeat the experience.
We leave you the list of the repertoire of versions of songs that will be played by the guys from Espíritus del Sol so that you can listen to them and that they sound like you for the karaoke of 19. Whether at home, on the bus or anywhere else, you can take a look at our Spotify `Karaoke´ playlist to sing all the songs that we have selected for these meetings that are going to be the blast:
– Love me two times (The Doors)
– You got to hide your love (Beatles)
– Wish you were here (Pink Floyd)
– No Buses (Arctic Monkeys)
– Stuck in the middle with you (Stealers Wheels)
– Knocking on heavens door (Bob Dylan)
– Bittersweet symphony (The Verve)
– Sugar Man (Los Rodriguez)
– Otherside (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
– Sweet little sixteen (Chuck Berry)
– Wonderwall (Oasis)
– Hound dog (Elvis)
– What a wonderful world (Louis Amstrong)
– Rock this town (Stray Cats)
– Someday (The Strokes)
– Blowing in the wind (Bob Dylan)
– Last night (The Strokes)
– Imagine (John Lennon)
– Rich folk hoax (Rodriguez)
– Like a rolling stone (Bob Dylan)
– Wild world (Cat Stevens)
– Losing my religion (R.E.M.)
– Ain’ no sunshine (Bill Withers)
– Whatever (Oasis)
– Cant help falling in Love (Elvis Presley)
– Song 2 (Blur)
– Should i stay or should I go (The Clash)
– Me gustas mucho (Viejas Locas)
– Rock del pedazo (Ratones Paranoicos)
– Rock del gato (Ratones Paranoicos)
– Tren de las 16 (Pappo)
– Another Brick in the Wall (Pink Floyd)
– Paint it Black (The Rolling Stones)
– Seven Nation Army (White Stripes)
– Sultans of swing (Dire Straits)
– Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
– You Shook me all night long (AC/DC)
– Blackbird (The Beatles)
– Flaca (Andes Calamaro)
– Blackbird (Beatles)
– Johnny b. Goode (Chuck Berry)
– Cocaine (Eric Clapton)
– Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)