The Madrid Book Fair
Is there a better plan than enjoying a new book in your bed at the new hostel in the centre of Madrid?
At Bastardo we hate boredom, that's why we always look for things to do in Madrid. What good illustrious people, we couldn't let the 77th edition of the Madrid Book Fair, which comes to an end on June 10th, not pass.
This fair has become an unmissable event for reading lovers because, to be honest, is there a better feeling than opening a new book? than to run your fingers through its sheets still full of mystery? We don't think so, well yes, we didn't change the feeling of enjoying a new book in one of our beds in our hostel in the centre of Madrid for anything.
This time we are enjoying its last edition in the famous Retiro Park since May 25th. Many personalities have already passed through it.
So much for the euphoria with this traditional fair that some are able to stand in line for hours to get the signature of their authors of reference. As good fans, no one wants to miss the signatures of their favorite authors.
There are millions of books and millions of authors, so it is not uncommon to see renowned writers with a long history, or new influencers signing their copies with an expectant audience.
And like millions of books, millions of people attend to 'La Feria del Libro Madrid (The Madrid Book Fair). We can find two clear profiles: those that are fixed shot and those that are carried away. The first ones come expectantly to buy the book they have been dreaming about for several months. The latter are those who let themselves be carried away in search of what fascinates them.
Therefore, from Bastardo we want to make it easy for you to choose your weekend plan in Madrid. Also, as we were telling you, every day there are signatures, this weekend you can find authors like:
- Aitor Saraiba y Paula Bonet on Friday 8th from 19:00 to 21:00 at 177 stall: Librería Muga.
- Josef Ajram on Friday 8th from 19:00 to 21:00 at 227 stall: Ariel Crítica/ Península Paidós/ Deusto / Alienta / Dummies.
- David Olivas on Friday 8th from 19:00 to 21:00 at 231 stall: Lunwerg/ Geoplaneta / Cúpula / Planeta Gifts / Planeta Gastro.
- Mónica Carrillo: on Friday 8th from 19:00 to 21:00 at 343 stall: Casa del Libro.
- Defreds on Saturday 9th from 12:00 to 14:00 at 353 stall: El Corte Inglés.
- Maxim Huerta: on Saturday 9th from 12:00 to 14:00 at 203 stall: Librería Reno.
- Secun de la Rosa on Saturday 9th from 19:00 to 21:00 at 184 stall: Fórcola/ Ediciones Atígona.
- Rosa Montero el domingo 10 de 12:00 a 14:00 en la caseta 121: Librería Rafael Albertí.
- Carlos Salem el domingo de 19:00 a 21:00 en la caseta 46: Punto y Coma Librería.
- Mikel Izal el domingo de 19:00 a 21:00 en la caseta 225: Planeta.
- Leticia Dolera el domingo de 19:00 a 21:00 en la caseta 177: Librería Muga.
- And, of course Marwan who's already had the bastard experience in his flesh, he will be on Friday 9th from 12:00 to 14:00 at 46 stall: Punto y Coma Librería, from 17:30 o 19:00 at 4 stall: Cása árabe and from 19:30 to 21:00 at 311 stall: Librería Visor. And on Sunday 10th from 12:00 to 14:00 at 214 stall: Ecobook – Librería del Economista and from 19:00 to 21:00 at 297 stall: Fnac.
If you are looking for something to do in Madrid this weekend, this plan should certainly be on your agenda.
And remember, bastard, we always continue to party. In our hostel you will find the best dinner or food pre or post Book Fair, because to go to the book fair you have to be strong, and if you run out of them, remember that you can always rest in our rooms.